What is fractal? Well, it's a geometric shape which sometimes is hard to draw but looks very nice. There are some fractals which are easy to draw for example Koch snowflake or Sierpinski triangle:
Drawing Koch Snowflake:
- Draw a equilateral triangle (every side is equal)
- On every side draw smaller triangle
- Go back to step 2 :)
Drawing Sierpinski Snowflake:
- Draw a equilateral triangle
- In the middle of every side of that triangle mark a point
- Connect points with lines, now we have smaller triangle in bigger one. Now it gets a little harder.
- Do steps 2 and 3 for triangles that share corners with the bigger one
- If you want more triangles then draw them like in the above image or like in the picture below (in every black triangle):
It was simple but not very interesting. What will happen if we use some computer programs and apply a little maths and knowledge about fractals in it?
A little fun with Apophysis & Photoshop:
Mandelbrot set and Terragen:
How to make images like those? I will write it in next articles :)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades