Fractals lets start with teory :)
What is fractal? Well, it's a geometric shape which sometimes is hard to draw but looks very nice. There are some fractals which are easy to draw for example Koch snowflake or Sierpinski triangle:
Drawing Koch Snowflake:
- Draw a equilateral triangle (every side is equal)
- On every side draw smaller triangle
- Go back to step 2 :)
Drawing Sierpinski Snowflake:
- Draw a equilateral triangle
- In the middle of every side of that triangle mark a point
- Connect points with lines, now we have smaller triangle in bigger one. Now it gets a little harder.
- Do steps 2 and 3 for triangles that share corners with the bigger one
- If you want more triangles then draw them like in the above image or like in the picture below (in every black triangle):
It was simple but not very interesting. What will happen if we use some computer programs and apply a little maths and knowledge about fractals in it?
A little fun with Apophysis & Photoshop:
Mandelbrot set and Terragen:
How to make images like those? I will write it in next articles :)